Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sick dog


So I was not feeling well last night. I felt like I was drunk...only I wasn't...I was stumbling around and every time I bent down I nearly fell over. When I went to bed I had the spins so bad I couldn't fall asleep. I was up till 1:30 am. Then my dog chimed in. My poor puppy is a chocolate lab and she kinda chirps when she has to go outside. every 15 minutes she was chirping and waking me up. I would procede to do the exhausted, bad attitude, "QUIET". I know this sounds mean...but I was soooooo tired and didn't feel well. Well, I finally got up and let her out...and got up and let her out....and yet again...got up and let her out. At 5 am I stood outside in the cold and waited while she strolled around outside....When I came back in I realized there was a distinct smell. She had used my sons room to...you know...not once...not twice...but three times....iiiiiccckkyyyy! Keep in mind... I still don't feel well. I nearly lost it myself. So anyway she is confined to an easily cleaned area and she is chirping now because I won't let her sleep in my bed. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...sorry honey. I am simpathetic to her and I feel bad but I cannot have that ...you know...in my bed.....gag. So now we are doing the burger and rice diet and hoping for a healing. Hopefully this is a short lived illness for both our sakes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, is there such a thing as a germ that human and dogs can pass to one another- I've never heard of such a thing? Maybe you've discovered something new and you'll get a million dollar reward for it- you never know, it could happen. LOL!
Hope you and she are both feeling better!

angely said...

Yah, well today I feel better, but my boy came home with a 101.7 fever...who knows. My puppy just ate some burger and rice and seems to be keeping it down...she is begging for more right now...Sorry...gotta wait.

Danielle said...

Wow, the boy had a Jesus Rock fever going on! (ultimate lameness, indeed..) Sorry to hear of the sickness, human and canine alike! Man did my dog used to get the scary poops all over the spare room, you've brought back some memories for sure. Although I don't believe I ever tackled the clean-up while being sick myself...ug. Speaking of poop, hilarious that you got the poop deck question in your profile! I worked with a guy who was part Scottish and would go on about da poop deck in a thick accent..

angely said...

Jesus rock fever...hahahaha...I didn't get it in my email and when I read through my posts...hahahaha. How funny. Both canine and boy seem to be doing well. Boy is a little extra tired and I am not sure what the illness is. At least there is none of the ucky yucky stuff.