Sunday, February 25, 2007

I love my church family!


There is something so beautiful about a really big snow. This is the kind of snow I remember having as a child. Snow so deep, with great mountains of snow, waiting to be made into giant fortresses. With all that said, I looked down my looooong driveway and with a great sigh, started shoveling...I don't remember this part of winter being included in my childhood...sigh. And what do I see on the horizon, but a rescue party. All my church family toting shovels. After this I just had the thought, how do people live without God, without a family like mine. Thank you God, and thank you again everyone for your help. Like I told Jonah, I would have gotten 1/3 done and collapsed in tears. We finished off with a wonderful bowl of chili and a trip to the movie theater to see Ghost rider...This movie was oozing with testosterone...lots of fire and... um... tight shirts...lol...I have to agree with "A" about being thankful for being a girl...This made watching this movie very funny. ANY way...Great guy movie experience. I love my family.

3 comments:

Divã de Noiva said...

passando para conhecer!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girly-girl! Glad you were helped out yesterday! We came to town and brought our snow blower, but by the time we got to the church house , the guys there said they were on their way to your house! We were able to help some needful folks, though, so we were happy! Love ya sweets!

Gene Bach said...

Nice to have friends in a time of need isn't it? We had a foot or more of snow fall here the other night and my neighbor let me borrow his tractor to "shovel" the snow. I did my drive, his, his mother and law's and two friends here in the neighborhood. Would have been nice to have more time to do more.

Had a can of peanut butter/chocolate chips delivered here at work today by one of the recipients of the hydraulic shoveling. LOL!