Thursday, March 1, 2007

Okay...so I'm completely useless.


So I looked out my window with glee this afternoon...suspecting a repeat snow day...and what do I see but my neighbor stuck up to her axils in snow. I think to myself...get off your lazy snowday can and help her...so I did. I went out there and shoveled a little and pushed but to no avail. She then said...I know...I will just snowblow my driveway now and then move the car....okay...lol. I then glance toward the street and see some college students who have been standing next to thier running car since I first got out there and I say to myself...get off your can and see whats up. So I walk over and ask, "Whats up?" It turns out the girl moved her car to the other side of the street for calender parking reasons, got out, and the car automatically locks all doors...(who was the idiot who designed that?). I say I will get a coat hanger...and that doesn't work on these kind of locks...oh well. They call a locksmith. While over there I see a guy plowing out a drive way. I go over and beg him to plow out mine...and for $15 he does...and yes...it was money well spent. While plowing out my driveway, he breaks his plow and spends about 30 minutes outside, while I stand there and make sure he has everything he needs...lol...like I could help...He fixes it and finishes up. I am now relaxing on my lazy snowday can enjoying reading all my friends blogs....because I am completely useless...lol. I love snowdays!

3 comments:

A said...

Go to bed! No snow day tomorrow, me thinks! See you there!
A

Anonymous said...

My hubby and son both have snowdays- AGAIN! I didn't have to put up with them yesterday cause I worked day shift, but now they're driving me nuts- JK!!! Actually they're both being absolutely DELIGHTFUL! My hubby washed the dishes, dusted and cleaned behind the fridge- (yeah- no man's land- the place where dust bunnies go to die!! lol!)
And the boy just got done reading his Bible for quite a while.

What a fortunate mommy I am! Thank you, God!

angely said...

Good to have someone who isn't useless...lol. HANDYMAN in NOMANSLAND. Sounds like a blog title