Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Pointless,cute and funny & rats in my bed

I found these today when my student and I were trying to make a card for a sick student. We were laughing so hard at the absurdity of it. And yet it is still extremely funny and cute in its own rite. Again, you get a view of the inside of my psyche. Nobody gets my humor (except perhaps the people who took these pictures.) Kind of comforting to think of that....and a little frightening.

Okay, I suffered from terrible nightmares the last couple nights. Monsters in the world and me hiding in a crawspace in a basement. That was managable if not exhausting. Then, I had the rats in my bed. Now, I had pet rats growing up and have been an avid lover and advicate of them as pets. It is a little different when you dream of them in your bed biting and scratching at you and you can't move or scream...And I was terrified. I woke up and thought for a moment it wasn't a dream. ICKY!!! I was so tired I cried. This of course led to me thinking this is spiritual warfare. I asked a friend over and we prayed about it. In fact, I emailed her earlier and could feel when she prayed for me...I was very grateful. Anyway, I slept wonderfully last night and I am so thankful that God takes care of even the little things in our life. Thank you Lord and good night everyone.

3 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Ok, the squirrels with the light sabers are just too much!

Glad you're sleeping better.

faith wings said...

I love the squirrels

Anonymous said...

If they were squirrels from our backyard they'd be fatter- a LOT fatter. Our squirrels have guts that hang over their feet. It's sick, I know, but true.
I feed them waffles.
I think you'll like my new post (speaking of weird senses of humor...)